Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voi Che Sapete First Opera Mix by Dcp
I have to be honest, I haven't really mixed any sort of Opera or Classical style music before, I mostly do Rock and Metal. With that said I figured I'd give this Opera track a go and here's what I ended up with.

This mix really ended up being more like a Stem Mastering setup for me, I used the Main Pair Room mics with an Impulse Reverb over them to exaggerate the space a touch and then used the piano and first vocal spot mic to fill in the rest. A touch of compression on the vocal spot mic and some small amounts of EQ to balance out the room and spot mics was the bulk of my processing. Mastering wise I used my usual chain but without compression and soft clipping.

This last additions to the libraey of multitracks on here have been really a joy to mix and really a good change of pace from the usual rock and pop tracks and get us some experience with other styles of mixing techniques and situations.

Cheers,
Dcp

.mp3    Voi Che Sapete Master 1.mp3 --  (Download: 3.25 MB)

Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
A nice sound Dcp that I think is genre correct. Your approach to this one I feel is plausible and I think that I would go about it in a similar way. I,m wondering if the vocal performance is overpowering the piano accompaniment just a bit? It seems be getting a little lost at times. I am listening at a lower level. Anyway nice adjustment and well done.

I agree that these tracks are great to mixBig Grin
Sounds great and natural to me.
(20-10-2016, 10:08 PM)dcp10200 Wrote: I have to be honest, I haven't really mixed any sort of Opera or Classical style music before, I mostly do Rock and Metal. With that said I figured I'd give this Opera track a go and here's what I ended up with.

This last additions to the libraey of multitracks on here have been really a joy to mix and really a good change of pace from the usual rock and pop tracks and get us some experience with other styles of mixing techniques and situations.
Cheers,
Dcp

Sounds good to my ears. Interesting listening to a few of these -- all sound good, some a little dryer, some slightly more spacious.

Was also rather a diversion for me from usual styles. Agree with your comment that it's great to see all genres now reasonably well represented in the MT library.
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42
It sounds really good. Maybe the voice is a bit too "near"?