Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XXXV
Here's my mix of XXXV. I think the hardest part of this mix was trying to spread the vocals all across the stereo panorama without getting too loud, but i really enjoyed to mix it!

Have fun and let me know if you like it, but also (especially) if you DON'T like it (and tell me why of course!) Big Grin

.mp3    XXXV (2nd Version).mp3 --  (Download: 9.12 MB)

Have fun and let me know if you like it, but also (especially) if you DON'T like it (and tell me why of course!) Big Grin
[/quote]

I think there may be an issue with your listening environment. Because, there is a loss of mid range detail in your mix here and your other mix. The result is a thin sounding mix, where the top end is brittle and the low end muddy.

I would try again and bring in some mid range around 1k to 3k.

Good luck.
My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
Hey!
It sounds cool! But I do agree with wesleyamltd that it's pretty thin sounding. Try listening to it in headphones or any other speakers and you might hear what we mean. Fast solution: You could basically try a tilt eq (like this one https://hofa-plugins.de/en/plugins/4u-dynamictilteq/) and see if it helps. But in the long run, you may want to go over your listening environment to get it more level.
Also, I think you could lower the overheads a few db, get more click in the kick to help it come through during the fast parts, and (if you want to stay true to the style) turn up the guitars i bit.

Keep it up!
Thank you! I'm now listening the mix on a better monitoring system (i usually work on headphones, but thanks to the previous comment i've discovered that they have an overemphasized mid range Sad ). Now i'll post a "mid version", because i'm working also on another one with drum replacement! Big Grin

(24-10-2016, 12:32 PM)RobWo Wrote: Hey!
It sounds cool! But I do agree with wesleyamltd that it's pretty thin sounding. Try listening to it in headphones or any other speakers and you might hear what we mean. Fast solution: You could basically try a tilt eq (like this one https://hofa-plugins.de/en/plugins/4u-dynamictilteq/) and see if it helps. But in the long run, you may want to go over your listening environment to get it more level.
Also, I think you could lower the overheads a few db, get more click in the kick to help it come through during the fast parts, and (if you want to stay true to the style) turn up the guitars i bit.

Keep it up!

.mp3    XXXV (3rd Version).mp3 --  (Download: 9.02 MB)

Hi! Smile
This is a temporary new version, in the meanwhile i'm working on editing the vocals in separate groups.

Hope this version is better than the previous ones !!

.mp3    XXXV (4th Version).mp3 --  (Download: 9.14 MB)

Hello Smile

Things that stands out to me while listening 4th Version:
-please put a limiter on your master buss Big Grin
-OHs and voice are too loud.
-This doesnt sound like a whole.
-Guitars are too low.

Overall it definitely sounds fatter than the previous ones !

Mixing with a dt770 for now..