Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Such a catchy tune!
Hi all,

It has been a while since I've had a chance to take a crack at mixing a song from here and I'm really glad that I chose this one to get back into things with.

My intention with this mix was to take the recording and make it sound as good as I could rather than trying to produce a different sounding song. Therefore, the bulk of the work has been done with EQ and compression. Subtle saturation was used here and there for additional harmonic content. There are some effects used on the vocals in places but nothing major. Just stuff to add interest. I've also obviously used reverb and delay where I felt it was needed.

I've only used the tracks that were provided and not added any additional samples or layering. I have, however, done some minor editing to get certain things in better alignment like the doubled vocals in the second and final choruses which at times were distractingly out of sync with the other vocal track.

I am really happy with the results that I achieved most especially with getting the vocals to sit nicely in the mix (the vocal tracks were the weakest of what was supplied). I am also really happy with getting the snare to always be present through the song and not get masked or drowned out by other instruments or the vocals.

I think that I have achieved a decent and consistent low end and that the overall balance across the range is pretty good.

I've got a fair bit of automation going on throughout the song to keep things relevant and this, for me, is always one of the most important aspects of a mix.

Hope you like my interpretation of this awesome song.

Cheers
-Vinay

.mp3    SleepByTheFireBloomInWater.mp3 --  (Download: 7.59 MB)