Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XXX
This is what I did.
Mixed with HS5's and HS8 sub.
I used C1 SSl across the board
Edited the vocals and consolidated them by bouncing them to two main buss and two stereo BVG buss
I took the four strange yelp type vocal track bussed them to a stereo track and then reversed them. I then used the audiosuite in protools to render them with reverse reverb.
I edited the Toms by removing the room from the tracks.
My master buss is Presswerks, Satin and FGX.

Thats it. I wanted the track to be as dead as possible.
The song is pretty cool if you like this kind of thing.

I added more bass to kick and bass gtrs on the second track because I felt it was lacking in that dept.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers.

.mp3    XXX.mp3 --  (Download: 9.01 MB)

.mp3    XXXV.mp3 --  (Download: 9.06 MB)

My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1

Hei Man!

I really enjoyed your first mix (raw as it should be for this genre) but i acknowledge that it lacks a little bit of low end. But in the second one i don't like that much the snare reverb, but the track seems a little bit less muddy in the end!!

Why don't you try, instead of improving the single instruments, to improve the master buss' EQ? It helped me a lot Big Grin

Why don't you try, instead of improving the single instruments, to improve the master buss' EQ? It helped me a lot Big Grin
[/quote]

I don't Eq the master buss. Both tracks are essentially the same mix, the only differences is that the second track, the kick drum has a bass boost around 100hz. and I added a bass drop to certain points in the song.

I also brought up the bass at 100hz with a tight Q and then attenuated at
160hz with a Q of 1.3 while also increasing the volume by 3dbv.

The snare is volume was increased marginally.
My Original Music

Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
Hi!
The second version does sound a lot cleaner and more punchy to me. Though I agree with Fester993 that the snare is a bit loud and could use some reduction in the high-mids/highs to make it "sit" better. I also think the vocals could benefit from some more compression. Really a lot more compression. It's pretty common in this type of music to really crush the vocals. In my own mix I used the Rough Rider to get them more consistent.

You said you don't eq the master buss. If you're in a rush, or just get curious I would recommend playing around with a multiband comp to level the track out a bit more without having to spend a lot of time on automation. It can be a real life saver! Wink
(24-10-2016, 12:22 PM)RobWo Wrote: Hi!
The second version does sound a lot cleaner and more punchy to me.

Yeah I will have to try crushing the vocals and see what's up. I will also give multi band compression a go on the master buss and see if it will improve the mix. Thanks for the advice and feedback, it was very helpful.
My Original Music

Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
No problem! Let us know how it turns out Smile
You are welcome to check out my mix as well, and if you have the time give me some feedback too ^^