Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Diesel13: 'Colour Me Red' kapu mix
i like that you used acoustic guitars to drive the song.
think i might do that when i do another song.
maybe treating the guitars differently from verse to chorus or just simple fader ride could make it more dramatic.
Hi Kapu,

I listened to "mix5".

Wow, great mix, one of my favourites so far. Excellent work on the vocals harshness, well done. I'm keen to know how you did (if you agree of course), I didn't manage to get such good results despite lots of dynamic EQ.

Some minor suggestions:
- Shorten the kick a bit. Maybe a matter of taste but it is very present, which sounds good, but somehow distracts me from the rest of the tracks.
- Back off with the mix bus compression level.
- Probably linked to the previous point, but I feel some more volume automation would help - e.g. have a quieter "bridge" (I mean the part before the last chorus, when guitars are reduced to only 1 high note) so that the last chorus sounds bigger.

Excellent mix again, congrats,

Moussa

Dang! Great in your face mix. The low end sounds full and contained on my monitors. Well done.

Tim
(18-10-2016, 08:21 AM)kapu Wrote: Dry and static mix. Little reverb on the lead vocal.

Nice mix -- with some real width and depth. Vocals very nicely done also.

I would echo a few of the other comments about the low-end being a bit too much in places, but that's really the only observation.

Cheers, Jeff
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42
Your latest version is fat and happy. Well done.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Nice to hear my smashing approach is appreciated. ^_^

(11-11-2016, 09:04 AM)moussasfeir Wrote: I'm keen to know how you did (if you agree of course), I didn't manage to get such good results despite lots of dynamic EQ.

Workflow for vocals: Inserted 3 compressors for serial compressing (Logic Pro 1176 Gray version), ratios 2, 4 and 8. Threshold for each so, that each compressor is applying max. 3 dBs of gain reduction. In the last comp also enabled saturation and limiting stages, and drove the signal towards them pretty hard with makeup to exaggerate things up. Then inserted a pre-eq for this chain and hunted down the nasty harshness as now it was for me much easier to hear things I didn't like in the sound. Finally added two Logic De-essers for some sibilance control, but set them pretty light. The hardest sibilances I just edited quieter with clip / region gain. There is actually very little compression in the traditional sense on the master buss. Only the standard glue compression of around 1-2 dBs, and then saturation and finally a limiter. The abusive smashing is done in the groups. Smile
I love it. "The abusive smashing..."
Yeah. Scrunchyness. That's the Ticket.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
1. Put on headphones
2. Turn up volume
3. Play mix
4. Retrieve jaw from floor

AWESOME!
(20-11-2016, 11:47 AM)Dr.Gerry Wrote: 1. Put on headphones

AWESOME!

Tanks! Smile Updated the file a bit to make it awesomer.
added new mix. ^_^