Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Diesel13: 'Colour Me Red' kapu mix
Dry and static mix. Little reverb on the lead vocal.

.m4a    diesel13-__colour_me_red__kapu_mix5d.m4a --  (Download: 7.9 MB)

.mp3    diesel13___colour_me_red__kapu_new_mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.65 MB)

Cool version I like it a lot .it Sounds well balanced with nice solid bottom end with the bass and kick.
sounds a touch compressed ,wondering if you used some tape saturation the vocals and guitars sound as touch distorted around 2.1k area ?

just some personal taste thoughts while listening.

Well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(19-10-2016, 09:29 AM)thedon Wrote: Cool version I like it a lot ...

Thanks. There's compression and saturation everywhere. Used more heavily on vocals and the electric guitar. Vocals, for me, had some weird and nasty upper mid and high frequency resonances I couldn't get rid of no matter how surgical I went with the eq, so I tried to 'lofi' the sound a bit with telephonish saturation.
Great concept. Great energy.

I like the distortion on the guitar.

Vox is very authentic. I like how the vox and band share the same drive and common goal.

I feel the low energy is a bit uncontrolled.
Love it!!!
I like the overall sound and low end energy, and around 2:45 where you can really hear the steeliness of the base.

but I would reduce the boominess of Base amp2 and reduce a little of the saturation on the main vox
But this is all subjective

good work.

Thanks for the feedback. Based on your suggestions I tried to clean things up and uploaded a version 2. Still tried to retain the smashed high energy feel. ^_^
Great mix - the band really explode in! A couple of points - the subs in the kick very powerful and maybe make the rest of the production sound less impressive by comparison - they also really pump your master-bus compression which distracts from the vocals consistency and strength. Those pitched resonances on the guitar (it's a G) are really present and need a little surgical work to remove their negative impact. (The attached screenshot might help.) Could the lead vocal come up a little perhaps?

Thumbnail(s)

Pretty good mix although I feel the lead vocal may be a bit too out front. I think it could be laid back just a bit to work better within the ensemble. I also wanted to hear the electrics a little bit more. Over-all, very good.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Thanks for all the feedback. The current version is supposed to be some kind of combination of all suggestions given here. ^_^