Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mix - W.I.N.D. - 'Funky To The Bone'
What is your opinion about the mix? Big Grin

.mp3    Funky.mp3 --  (Download: 15.33 MB)

As much as I like the electric bass, it could go down a bit? Something fishy on drums? Hihat panned left, but did you also swap the L/R channels on the overheads? I found some extra punch for snare by inverting the phase of top snare and overheads. Relatively lot of energy in the 'air' frequency area? Could be tamed a bit? If i'd change anything, it would be probably the things above. Yet it is a good mix, and for me there is nothing 'wrong' with it. Guitars sound very good. Good work.
(17-10-2016, 08:01 AM)kapu Wrote: As much as I like the electric bass, it could go down a bit? Something fishy on drums? Hihat panned left, but did you also swap the L/R channels on the overheads? I found some extra punch for snare by inverting the phase of top snare and overheads. Relatively lot of energy in the 'air' frequency area? Could be tamed a bit? If i'd change anything, it would be probably the things above. Yet it is a good mix, and for me there is nothing 'wrong' with it. Guitars sound very good. Good work.

Already reversed phase in the box and do not notice any difference, perhaps reverb type plate more in the snare
Regarding the bass, I put less volume.
Thank you for the tips Smile
Version mix 2 - Funky To The Bone

.mp3    Funky2.mp3 --  (Download: 15.3 MB)

Sounds well balanced I like it,maybe a touch less compression .

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

thanks for your opinion, I will try to improve the mix Smile