Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timo And The Timezone - Just Don't Talk Mix
Hello,

I've made two mixes, I aimed at a relaxing feel for the first and at more excitment in the second.

I hope you'll enjoy listening.

.mp3    First Mix TimoAndTheTimezone_JustDontTalk MAIN.mp3 --  (Download: 7.81 MB)

.mp3    Second Mix TimoAndTheTimezone_JustDontTalk ALT.mp3 --  (Download: 7.82 MB)

Hi Lastdegree, I like that you did not overloaded the master bus with heavy compression in any of the two mixes. My favorite its the second one. I like the balance of your levels as well the 3D you created on the voice, was it using a doubler, early reflections or a reverb preset? Keep on mixing, you are doing great.
just checked out your second mix. Very enjoyable listen, a lovely soft and controlled mix. I also liked the vocal treatment and the space you've created around it. Real NiceSmile

Dave
Thanks for yours feedbacks.

For the vocals treatment on the second mix, I used a 147ms delay 10% wet and the track is sent to a bus with a convolution reverb of 1.1s duration(small room ir) with 30ms predelay. The reverb is the only stereo effect.

There is two compressors in serial. The first setup is: 0 attack, 64ms release, 11db maximum reduction.
The second compressor is used as an effect to add "movements" (124ms attack, 6ms release, 3db max reduction).

The eq boost at 200hz (+2db) and 1k (+2.5db) with a high shelf at 8k(0.5db), I only know how to boost Smile .

I also used a gate, a deeser, a slight pitch correction and multiband parallel distortion.