Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Fragile Thoughts - Nirvana Mix by Olli H
THis one was quite difficult to do. I spent too much time on the fixing side. I maybe should have spent more time on mixing.

At first I thought I just quit, but then I realised that Nirvana's "Smells Like A Teen Spirit" was interesting reference for this song. So it was some sonic ideas from Nirvana that I was after. And as usual, I was left far behind, but it was quite interesting trip.

.mp3    fragile-thoughts2-2016-10-10-olli-h2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.14 MB)

Love it Olli ,
This is one I have also quit on more than once ,listening to your mix can hear you have done a lot of fixing.
No complaints from me ,an inspiration to give it another go.

Thanks for sharing Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks
I was testing some new fixing ideas with this one. Instead of locking drums to grid, I tried to lock the grid to drums. So grid is following the changing tempo of drums. And after that I locked bass to grid. So the groove is pretty solid although there’s minor changes in tempo all the time.
It sounds great to me
Sweet Olli, Great sense of coherent space. I can close my eyes and easily imagine the performance.

Sounds great. I can definitely hear the Teen Spirit flavor in the mix.
THanks all, If I open this session someday, I might reduce the space a bit.
That sounds incredible, man! This song certainly allows us to treat it pretty much how we want to and show our face, our style. And this, sir, is probably one of the most original mixes for this song out there! Cheers
Great mix It's been cleaned up nicely!
Very nice mix! Good sense of urgency on the chorus, might be an uptick in the tempo or maybe locking the bass to drums like you said. Definitely has a tighter push feel to it compared to mine. I like what you did!