Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lead Inc. Inner Circle_mix
Hey guys & girls!

Yesterday found this awesome band and liked this song a lot.

Heres what i got out of it...

only mixed not mastered
lead vocal only, working still on the rest Smile

Tell me what feelings you get.
Cool

.mp3    LEADINC_MIX_07_10_2016.mp3 --  (Download: 12.52 MB)

Very good. Translates very well on my system. Just out of curiosity, what speakers or headphones are you using?
(07-10-2016, 06:03 PM)kapu Wrote: Very good. Translates very well on my system. Just out of curiosity, what speakers or headphones are you using?
Hey there, kapu.

Im using Sennheiser HD6 Mix headphones and Adam A5 speakers.

This mix is done entirely on headphones, been using those 2 years now.
I also have a VERY small "closet" mixing space which is under construction and almost
ready to use.

I can post some pictures and measurements also if youre interested when its doneSmile
(07-10-2016, 07:15 PM)SamiK Wrote: Hey there, kapu. ...

Thanks. I don't think you have to post any pictures or measurements, for me anyway. I too use Sennheiser (HD280 Pro) headphones, and Beyerdynamic DT880s as well, but Genelec 8020 monitor speakers. I've just wondered that most mixes here don't translate very well on my speakers. With headphones it's a bit harder to tell, because, for me, basically everything starts to sound good as my ears seem to adjust very quickly to all kinds of overall frequency balances with decent headphones. Good thing you mentioned using Adam speakers. I've been intrigued by them for a while, and they seem to be popular and well reviewed. I've tried test listening them in some shops, but the situation is usually far from ideal. But now I know you use them, so I'll pay closer attention to your forthcoming awesome mixes as you finish your setup.
(07-10-2016, 10:26 PM)kapu Wrote: Good thing you mentioned using Adam speakers. I've been intrigued by them for a while, and they seem to be popular and well reviewed.

Not to hijack the thread! But I can also put in a good word for the A5X (the later version of the A5). For a relatively budget speaker (in the world of studio monitors) it does a good job for me. (Not sure I'd be trading in any Genelec's for them though!) The Adams are reasonably honest, if a little bit laggy in the bass below 100Hz -- due to the port.
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42
So, here is the mix with all fx&automation Smile nothing on master

Been using Adam S1X on a project studio for couple of years and all my friends use
also Adam's so it was a no brainer for me to choose what to get. Also i got a good deal.

I was also using Sennheiser HD 280, but had to get new ones because my dog shredded them apart... Left phones on sofa and that was the result Tongue

HD6 Mix i bought for live use and now been using those also to mix and got real comfortable with. Only thing i dont like is the "plastic" feeling what you get and cracking noises when you wear them... not good listening on low volume and moving.

But, tell me what you think about the mix... Done with using Waves Gold bundle and few extra ones. The track count was 47:ish and now its grown to 80 Smile

EDIT: posted a final mix for this song, found that earlier mix sounded bit thin so went back and did some fixes. Now i think it sounds good and full

.mp3    LEADINC_MIX2_10_10_2016.mp3 --  (Download: 12.52 MB)

.mp3    LEADINC_MIX_FINAL_11_10_2016.mp3 --  (Download: 12.52 MB)

(07-10-2016, 10:57 PM)jeffd42 Wrote:
(07-10-2016, 10:26 PM)kapu Wrote: Good thing you mentioned using Adam speakers. I've been intrigued by them for a while, and they seem to be popular and well reviewed.

Not to hijack the thread! But I can also put in a good word for the A5X (the later version of the A5). For a relatively budget speaker (in the world of studio monitors) it does a good job for me. (Not sure I'd be trading in any Genelec's for them though!) The Adams are reasonably honest, if a little bit laggy in the bass below 100Hz -- due to the port.

Just to add my 5 cents, the official mix has been made on Adam A5X and AKG K701 headphones, so you're not so far off track. Smile