Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
I'd Rather Be Drinkin'
Hi again..!

Thats my mix..! B-)

Please comment and share your feedback..

Thank you..

Srikar

.mp3    I\'d Rather Be Drinking.mp3 --  (Download: 7.78 MB)

Love your solid mix sounds it well balanced ,the reverb sounds great just a little upfront and full in the low frequencies.
probably a taste thing for me.

Well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(05-10-2016, 06:38 AM)thedon Wrote: Love your solid mix sounds it well balanced ,the reverb sounds great just a little upfront and full in the low frequencies.

Well Done Big Grin
Haha.. I agree.. I was actually experimenting with CLA effects plugin and just liked the sound of it!!
Thank you very much the message..!Cool
(06-10-2016, 03:20 PM)srikar999 Wrote:
(05-10-2016, 06:38 AM)thedon Wrote: Love your solid mix sounds it well balanced ,the reverb sounds great just a little upfront and full in the low frequencies.

Well Done Big Grin
Haha.. I agree.. I was actually experimenting with CLA effects plugin and just liked the sound of it!!
Thank you very much the message..!Cool
I use them too love them Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Your general mix in terms of balance is solid, so well done there. I agree with what Don said about the reverb being a little too up-front in the mix.

One more thing is that I think you've used sample replacement on the snare, toms and possibly the kick drum. This is far too noticeable for my liking and makes the entire drum kit sound very artificial and detached. Every single snare hit in some of the rolls sounds exactly the same, it's very robotic. I would try blending your replaced snare underneath the original snare and seeing how this works out.

Again, very well done on your overall balance. Look forward to hearing more of your work!
Please message me for recording/mixing collaborations. I'm looking to work with people from around the world to make great music!

Scarlett 18i6 Interface
£30 pair of headphones
Pro Tools

Fab Filter Pro-MB, Steven Slate Drums, Steven Slate Trigger, Blue Cats Audio Analyser, TDL Kotelnikov.
(09-10-2016, 12:06 AM)MMT93 Wrote: Your general mix in terms of balance is solid, so well done there. I agree with what Don said about the reverb being a little too up-front in the mix.

One more thing is that I think you've used sample replacement on the snare, toms and possibly the kick drum. This is far too noticeable for my liking and makes the entire drum kit sound very artificial and detached. Every single snare hit in some of the rolls sounds exactly the same, it's very robotic. I would try blending your replaced snare underneath the original snare and seeing how this works out.

Again, very well done on your overall balance. Look forward to hearing more of your work!
Thank you for the feedback MMT93.
True..Used a sample to make a thick snare drum since the elements were very few.. Big Grin Although, the Kick and Toms are original.. Tongue
Will be glad to have your opinion on the other few mixes of mine..
Thanks again!