Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Burning Bridges mix/master--first metal mix
Hey guys, I'm brand new here. I've never done a metal mix/master before, really gave this my best shot. Any feedback appreciated!

Thanks,

T

.mp3    Burning Bridges Final Master.mp3 --  (Download: 8.61 MB)

"There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind" - Duke Ellington
I like this one the most I think, after mine naturally. But I could never guess you weren't a metal to begin with. Of course I can nitpick, but I won't.
The usual stuff:

- Main vocals not loud enough
- why is the woohooo-choir louder then the guitar solo? Is there ANY reason to make the background stuff louder then the "star" of that part? don't think so.
Thanks for the feedback! I simply favor the gang vocals at that spot and think they take the epicness up--they're a nice hook and something fresh to the ear. The guitar solo sounds like it comes to a climax right before their entrance so I wanted to follow with something even more bombastic.
"There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind" - Duke Ellington
Welcome to the "How to become a famous mixer" text adventure, Part 13:

After you played your final mix in front of the band, no one says a word. But you can tell by the look on his face that the solo guitarist is not happy and promptly leaves the room in anger. You can

a) bring the solo guitar up and the choir down. It's a goddamn guitar solo, not a gospel part. And on top of that the band is always right, right?
b) leave it like it is because you think it sounds better. Because you KNOW what is right and those damn musicians don't, right?

what is your choice?
(17-09-2016, 10:30 PM)tylermays Wrote: Hey guys, I'm brand new here. I've never done a metal mix/master before, really gave this my best shot. Any feedback appreciated!

Thanks,

T

hi tyler, good job, i like your mix. I do not find the voice too quiet, but second guitar solo is too low in level and blurry in the mix. make it right and your mix is perfect. Smile
dryfat