Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timo And The Timezone - Just Don't Talk (M&F)
Been awhile since I've posted. Really like this song and couldn't resist loading it up.. and I really enjoyed working on it (about 3+hrs).

Uptade; Rev 2 posted

.mp3    Timorev2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.93 MB)

M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
I like the basic concept of your mix, but I wonder if the snare is a bit too loud/bright. Not it takes the focus away from the soft almost spoken vox.
I like the feel of your version some cool things happening throughout keeping it interesting.
Good Balance . Maybe a little on the bright side listening on different monitors mine also sounds a little thin compared to others and the preview mix.

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(30-09-2016, 09:55 AM)Olli H Wrote: I like the basic concept of your mix, but I wonder if the snare is a bit too loud/bright. Not it takes the focus away from the soft almost spoken vox.

There's definitely a few ways to set a feel for this song in the mix.. my preference in mixing style lean to aggressive/groove'ish by default.
(30-09-2016, 10:11 AM)thedon Wrote: I like the feel of your version some cool things happening throughout keeping it interesting.
Good Balance . Maybe a little on the bright side listening on different monitors mine also sounds a little thin compared to others and the preview mix.

Cheers Big Grin

Thanks Don, it is bright, there are some nuances in the lead vocal and especially the backgrounds that I wanted to be audible without being too loud in the mix. There's some great percussive sounds in Bass 1 and Gtr tracks I also wanted to be audible enough to add a feel to the tune. Hope we can get more from this artist.
(30-09-2016, 09:55 AM)Olli H Wrote: I like the basic concept of your mix, but I wonder if the snare is a bit too loud/bright. Not it takes the focus away from the soft almost spoken vox.

In rev2 post, I took your suggestion and unsharpened the snare a bit while still holding to the punch I want. Thanks.