Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
really cool band thanks !!!
mix ITB with studio one 3 and native instrument vintage compressor !! good plug

.mp3    lead-inc.mp3 --  (Download: 12.31 MB)

(29-09-2016, 08:06 PM)marcover Wrote: mix ITB with studio one 3 and native instrument vintage compressor !! good plug

Couple of comments on this mix:

Drums: The basic drums are very weak (and sound unprocessed). Maybe overcompensated for a tad by the level on the overheads. The close mics are reasonable on this recording, but need a lot of work to fit into a rock/metal track.

Guitars: A little to strong on low-mids, a little high on the levels (a mono listen gives a better sense of this), and you might want to see at least some of the guitars panned center (maybe the accent ones), rather than everything hard L/R. I also found I needed to mute some guitars by section -- or it can get a bit monotonous.

Lead Vox: If you're wanting a long reverb tail on this, try a longer pre-delay (so the vocal "sits" in front of the reverb, rather than at the back of the (figurative) room. And EQ it heavily so it doesn't wash out the whole mix (600Hz and 6K good starting points).

Hope this helps! Please take my comments with a grain of salt, and a fair helping of personal preferences also. Cheers, Jeff
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42