Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James May: 'All Souls Moon' kapu mix
Tried to go for small sound.

.m4a    james_may-__all_souls_moon__kapu_mix.m4a --  (Download: 8.94 MB)

.m4a    james_may___all_souls_moon__kapu_mix2.m4a --  (Download: 8.85 MB)

.m4a    james_may___all_souls_moon__kapu_mix3.m4a --  (Download: 8.85 MB)

Added new mix. ^_^
Hey Kapu
Im digging the 2nd mix, a lot fatter and smoother .. sounds really good . nice job on the vocals, only thing really would be personal preference, different reverb on the L acoustic.
Nice tones all around
Cheers
K
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hey Kapu,

pretty smooth mix.

The bass is a bit loud for me and I can hear audible compression on the vocals.
Also the Kick Gate on the bass is a bit much. Could also be the master bus compressor that I am hearing.

I really like the drum sound.

Cheers,
LukasAngel

Hope you check out my mix aswell.
(06-08-2018, 02:42 PM)LukasL Wrote: Hey Kapu, [...]

thanks for listening! it is indeed a bit bassy, although i kinda liked it because the bass track had a pretty solid lowest octave, so tried to make use of it. bass also has some somechain compression, which indeed sounds a bit too aggressive. vocals have some serial levelling compression, because i was too lazy automate them. replaced the kick and snare with samples. ^_^
added new version. eased up on everything. ^_^
Reeling in the bass actually gave it more definition on the low low and brings out that nice fretless sound. Electric piano level gave it more space. I liked it before, but this sounds better balanced. easy listen
Great Job!

Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(06-08-2018, 07:27 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Reeling in the bass [...]

Thanks! ^_^