Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Blues - Olli H
Pleasure to mix, many challenges, especially as I went toward smooth groove but still strong sound. My reference was Lyle Lovett singing blues.

.mp3    happy-blues-2016-09-26-olli-h.mp3 --  (Download: 4.87 MB)

(26-09-2016, 08:19 PM)Olli H Wrote: Pleasure to mix, many challenges, especially as I went toward smooth groove but still strong sound. My reference was Lyle Lovett singing blues.

Very very good mix Olli H especially drums u make it wide and punchy i like it.
Good jobBig Grin
Mr. Loud
Great sound and image Olli. Really like the ambience, quite suitable.

The only suggestion is to maybe push the guitar a little more throughout. As a blues guitars myself we generally like to lead the song along. Subjective of course.Big Grin
Hi Olli

sounds awesome on my surround sound , seriously smooth bluesCool

Memphis
Rock n Roll Man in a Digital Age

Ice-16 Interface/Cubase Artist 8/Lenovo I5 quad/X2442/Fender Telecasters/Fender Hot rod, Champ, Junior/ M-Track Interface/
Thanks all for listening, this one was plesure to mix
(26-09-2016, 10:37 PM)Dangerous Wrote: The only suggestion is to maybe push the guitar a little more throughout. As a blues guitars myself we generally like to lead the song along. Subjective of course.Big Grin
I understand your point, and I almost agree. Smile But in this case I think it was not a typical conversational blues guitar (singer says something, and his guitar comments it). I think this one was more a rhythm guitar without leading role.

(26-09-2016, 09:45 PM)The Wizzards Wrote: Very very good mix Olli H especially drums u make it wide and punchy i like it.
Good jobBig Grin

Thanks. I stole that wide drum idea directly from Lyle Lovet, and kept the rest of band kind of monoish..

(26-09-2016, 08:19 PM)Olli H Wrote: Pleasure to mix, many challenges, especially as I went toward smooth groove but still strong sound. My reference was Lyle Lovett singing blues.

--------------------

Olli,

Yeah man!! Nice! Drums sounds great. Did you add some ghost hits to the snare part?? Nice control over the guitar and organ solos. The organ had lots of rogue frequencies that needed control and you did it!!!!!!! Great balance. A really nice mix. I really liked your approach! My vision is improving so I'm finally getting a chance to listen, comment, and MIX AGAIN!

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Thanks,
I didn't add any ghost hits, unless by accident during the replacement process. I liked the arrangement where snare didn't have too strong backbeat, but it had more delicate groove in it. So my main focus was to preserve that.

I appreciate the fact that you have given real comments to so many mixers.
(09-11-2016, 06:28 PM)Olli H Wrote: Thanks,
I didn't add any ghost hits, unless by accident during the replacement process. I liked the arrangement where snare didn't have too strong backbeat, but it had more delicate groove in it. So my main focus was to preserve that.

I appreciate the fact that you have given real comments to so many mixers.
-------------
Olli,

Thanks as to your last sentence. I really appreciated everyone who decided to mix my song and so I listened carefully to all of them and gave my heartfelt opinions. :-) As to the drums, I liked what you did. You see, at first I thought those samples were pretty good but, as it turns out, they are rather sterile and several people did some creative things to make them sound better. They were BFD2 drums. I am addicted now to Addictive Drums......lol.

Later....

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek