Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inner Circle - pabloc81's mix
Another great song!
Here is my attemp on mixing it.
Hope you enjoy it!
Edit: I added another version.

.mp3    Inner Circle.mp3 --  (Download: 12.3 MB)

.mp3    Inner Circle_v2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.3 MB)

(26-09-2016, 08:09 PM)pabloc81 Wrote: Another great song! Here is my attemp on mixing it.

One of the better mixes I've listened to so far in terms of spectral balance.

Particularly like the overheads -- if I may inquire, what blend of overheads and room did you use, and with what EQ, or other processing?

Drums: Like the organic drum sounds. Only issue is the snare, as that's hit softly in parts it has so little sizzle that it sounds flat and boxy. Perhaps layer a sample in subtly there to extend (which would sound more natural than a reverb tail, in this case).

Vocals: You feature those prominently and, as a consequence, it calls out some of the tuning and timing errors (on the BG vocal timing by 1/8th+ note to the lead). I found a little tightening of the timing on the BGVs, and a little tuning of the lead vocal, went a long way on this track.

Hope these comments help! Cheers, Jeff
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42
(05-10-2016, 04:10 PM)jeffd42 Wrote:
(26-09-2016, 08:09 PM)pabloc81 Wrote: Another great song! Here is my attemp on mixing it.

One of the better mixes I've listened to so far in terms of spectral balance.

Particularly like the overheads -- if I may inquire, what blend of overheads and room did you use, and with what EQ, or other processing?

Drums: Like the organic drum sounds. Only issue is the snare, as that's hit softly in parts it has so little sizzle that it sounds flat and boxy. Perhaps layer a sample in subtly there to extend (which would sound more natural than a reverb tail, in this case).

Vocals: You feature those prominently and, as a consequence, it calls out some of the tuning and timing errors (on the BG vocal timing by 1/8th+ note to the lead). I found a little tightening of the timing on the BGVs, and a little tuning of the lead vocal, went a long way on this track.

Hope these comments help! Cheers, Jeff

Hi Jeff. Thanks for the comments, they're welcome!
I've used all the OH and room tracks. They have some tape emulation to soften the top end and a little Eq.
I have to agree with what you said about the snare. I feel that sometimes it loses the punch, but I think the problem is in the limiter a put on the master bus to raise the overall volume.