Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tommy Marcinek: 'Happy Blues' kapu mix
Tried to make it sound a bit more organic or something.

.m4a    tommy_marcinek-__happy_blues__kapu_mix.m4a --  (Download: 7.58 MB)

Good mix!

Kick, snare and Toms are loud and way too much in front which happens to cover the almost all the other instruments and voice...

However, everything cuts good through the mix!
Death Knight of Music Technology.
(26-09-2016, 01:40 PM)Arcodar Wrote: Good mix! Kick, snare ...

Thanks. Revised the levels a bit. I hope it's better now. I will review your mix too. ^_^
(26-09-2016, 02:54 PM)kapu Wrote:
(26-09-2016, 01:40 PM)Arcodar Wrote: Good mix! Kick, snare ...

Thanks. Revised the levels a bit. I hope it's better now. I will review your mix too. ^_^

No problem m8! Can't w8 to read your review ^_^
Death Knight of Music Technology.
Balances very nice, and groove excellent.

But I think that the vox sound is not optimal yet (to my ears). Hard to pin point what is disturbing me. As if it’s not naturally dark, but sort of forced dark.
The kick snare and toms sound fine to me.
The vox sound like there is too much bottom
on the verb maybe
Tanks for feedback. I tweaked the mix a little. Hope it better now.
(26-09-2016, 12:16 PM)kapu Wrote: Tried to make it sound a bit more organic or something.

--------------
kapu,

Yeah, man! I really liked your interpretation of my song, especially the last note I sing...love that delay trailing off into the distance....nice! I really like the drums. I feel you glued those sterile samples really well....sounds like a more natural sounding drum kit being played.....great job on that! My only critique would be that the organ solo seemed in a different space and some notes were jabbing out a bit too loud (some rogue frequencies, etc.). Thanks for mixing my song....really enjoyed it.

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
(09-11-2016, 01:54 AM)tjmtruth Wrote: --------------
kapu,

Yeah, man! I really ...

Thanks! Eq'd the organ solo a bit, turned down the spring reverb on that and updated the file.
(16-11-2016, 06:54 AM)kapu Wrote:
(09-11-2016, 01:54 AM)tjmtruth Wrote: --------------
kapu,

Yeah, man! I really ...

Thanks! Eq'd the organ solo a bit, turned down the spring reverb on that and updated the file.

------------

kapu,

Sounds good to me, man!! Nice job.....organ sounds great now. I'm still loving the hell out of the way you trailed my last note scream thing out into the distance with delay, reverb, etc.....love it!

Tom
P.S. Thanks again for taking the time to mix my song. :-)
tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek