Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lead Inc - Inner Circle mix by Lethan
Hi guys. Great song!. Let me know what do you think. Cheers.
Martin

Edit.
I also dropped another attempt to finishin mix called "final master". Sounds different. Let me know what do think.

Thanks

.mp3    lead inc - inner circle_final master.mp3 --  (Download: 12.63 MB)

.mp3    lead inc - inner circle_Master_final.mp3 --  (Download: 12.6 MB)

(24-09-2016, 08:01 PM)Lethan Wrote: Hi guys. Great song!. Let me know what do you think. Cheers.
Martin

I like the sound of your guitars and the vocal arrangements. @1:40 when the lead vocal whispers something you seem to bring up the volume. Did you use automation (write from fader) or adjust the levels with an envelope editor?

There also seems to be some active panning going on in other places. Same question.

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks bitrate27 for listening!.
At 1:40 i just edited and adjusted level of the whispering, The mix doesnt have any automation, but a lots of paralel compression.

Panning is not automated, but the guitars are delayed with a plugin called Quadelectra Stereo Splitter. I just playing with this on guitars, but cant really say about results. I wish to get wide guitars, wider than simply panning option and Reason itself doesnt have much to choose from.

Thanks,
Martin

(25-09-2016, 12:23 PM)bitrate27 Wrote:
(24-09-2016, 08:01 PM)Lethan Wrote: Hi guys. Great song!. Let me know what do you think. Cheers.
Martin

I like the sound of your guitars and the vocal arrangements. @1:40 when the lead vocal whispers something you seem to bring up the volume. Did you use automation (write from fader) or adjust the levels with an envelope editor?

There also seems to be some active panning going on in other places. Same question.

Thanks for sharing!

(25-09-2016, 08:18 PM)Lethan Wrote: I wish to get wide guitars, wider than simply panning option and Reason itself doesnt have much to choose from.

Grab this: https://www.kvraudio.com/product/adt_by_vacuumsound. (It's free.) Other options: A moddelay, a chorus effect, ideally with a small pitch change +5/-5 cents usually does it. (I use the Soundtoys Microshift a lot). I tend to use all of these, in varying measures to make guitars and vocals more interesting.

You will also want a good compressor on the guitar bus to squash nasty peaks, but transparently. (I generally don't favor color compressors on electric guitars, as they're already so heavily processed and squashed). This is a good one: http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-kotelnikov/ (I use it on individual busses, and often as a mixbus compressor).

On the mix: Main thing to look at is that it's a bit too bright/brittle on the top end. Also, you'll need more power from the drums and bass. The guitars do have a lot of low and low-mid energy also, but they sound muddy if you try to cover there for the lack of low end from the other instruments there.

Hope this helps!

Cheers, Jeff
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42
Hey guys droping my new mix of this song, Let me know what do you think. It's been a while.

.mp3    inner_circle_koniec_kropka.mp3 --  (Download: 12.28 MB)