Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jessica Childress: 'Slow Down'
Hi all! easy listening !

.mp3    Jessica Childress_ \'Slow Down\'_master_v3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.39 MB)

Did you replace the BD or did you just smash it up really hard? To me it feels too much like an electronic kick, but I guess it's a matter of taste.

Also, try to mute the fx during the intro. It helped my mix a lot to muto he FX and kill all of the ambient tracks because the BD bleeds everywhere and it's hard to get a good sound on it during the silent parts of the song.
(15-10-2016, 10:46 PM)funkylaundry Wrote: Did you replace the BD or did you just smash it up really hard? To me it feels too much like an electronic kick, but I guess it's a matter of taste.

Also, try to mute the fx during the intro. It helped my mix a lot to muto he FX and kill all of the ambient tracks because the BD bleeds everywhere and it's hard to get a good sound on it during the silent parts of the song.

Greetings! Thank you for listening, my attention mix. Regarding the big drum, I used only the live drums, I use sepmple, only in cases where there are serious probelemy step recording, in this case, the sound BD option I liked.
Who regards of information, addressing, I listen to the original style and about the relations with the fact as it may sound to me. I looked at the site and the singer realized how ispolnitel sees the style of the song. it is with a mixture of RNB, Soul. As I listened to Funk recording to understand how to sound each instrument in this stiliststike. With regards to the drums themselves, it is very important to the big drum sound good every step of listening to the song. Because using the listener begins to dance drums, thereby making the best groove in songs that we love.

What have you got it right with regards to the second element- that in the introduction there is a level of decay into claps that it was very concerned. Automation reverb, delay effect could solve the problem, but the identity getting unwanted effect, which turns out dry in the intro sound recording, and at the introduction of instruments there reverb contradictory effect. The most correct option could be the removal of this information in the data microphones.
Why I did not do it? Because the artist conceived that are part of the rhythm of clapping and removal of the sound, the performer will cause confusion.
 Later I discussion I try to describe his opinion on your mix. Thank you!"))