Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Rough Mix
Here is my rough mix for this track. I tried to break the mold and shoot for something different than the edited track. Let me know what you think of the mix so far...

.mp3    NEW SONG.mp3 --  (Download: 4.91 MB)

Far too much low end,cant hear the vocals etc
Hi Mix5267, and welcome to the Discussion Zone!

(26-04-2013, 03:50 AM)mix5267 Wrote: Here is my rough mix for this track. I tried to break the mold and shoot for something different than the edited track. Let me know what you think of the mix so far...

An interesting and (from the artist's perspective) a largely successful one in terms of the sound-design element. I'd agree that maybe the bass has been allowed to run away from you a bit, and a little more control there wouldn't be a bad idea. However, all the grime, and even the distortion, doesn't really bother me within the context with the vibe of this song's arrangement -- I think it can afford to sound a bit broken, because the lyrics are about broken-ness! In that vein, though, it feels like a shame that you've not made more of the supplied sound effects, which would seem to be to support your vision.

A couple of concerns I did have, though. Firstly, the amp sound you're using for the bass is humming like crazy whenever the bass isn't playing, and that undermines the song's harmony. In this case, the harmony's quite complicated, and also modulates a couple of times, so that feels like it's counterproductive, even though I like the general tone the amplifier sound gives it. Also, the viola solo is pretty buried during the middle section. What I put that section together it was all about the interplay between the viola and the bass, so it comes across as a bit unidimensional without the viola.

Thanks for posting though -- it's great to hear such a fresh version!