Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Triviul Angelsaint' my try...
Hey guys,
here is my practise...
I wish I could make the drums a bit more aggresive or dynamic...
I guess this is all I could do with it..
Looking forward to hear your comments

Cheers
Juraj

.mp3    Triviul Angelsaint mix 4.mp3 --  (Download: 8.67 MB)

Juraj, to get the battery more aggressively to abuse a little compression on drums, compression with a slow attack, also tries to put more volume on the drums, I found it a bit low, the more is cool Smile. I have helped
Hey Lugh,
thanks for your suggestions only I've tried that it didn't work for me. And when I boosted the whole volume bottom end was too much. I'm guessing there is quite a lot going on bellow 100hz or so and very little above. Maybe it's the lower mids that could give it some weight... but hey easy to say... :-)

thanks again
To get more lower mids and more ''weight'' there try some parallel stuf Wink
I found your mix pretty big especially the bass!!Very nice and powerful mix overall!
Thanks man. Yeah I may try parallel comp on the drum bus. Thanks for the suggestion.
cheers mate
Better not on the bus, you will not have the flexibility how much comp on any part of the Drums.
Again very nice mix Juraj Big Grin
There is only one a stereo drums bounced as a multitrack avaliable, no individual drum parts, so....
I've tried to duplicate it and then low cut the duplicated version and gated it so only snare would 'come out' and then blended with the original stereo drums but it did sound good, I was getting some flangy effect on it, which didn't sound very pleasant....

Thanks maan
(12-07-2013, 12:44 PM)Juraj Wrote: There is only one a stereo drums bounced as a multitrack avaliable, no individual drum parts, so....
I've tried to duplicate it and then low cut the duplicated version and gated it so only snare would 'come out' and then blended with the original stereo drums but it did sound good, I was getting some flangy effect on it, which didn't sound very pleasant....

Thanks maan

Pffffff....That is a nightmare dude...If thats the case you cant do much for body!
(12-07-2013, 12:44 PM)Juraj Wrote: I've tried to duplicate it and then low cut the duplicated version and gated it so only snare would 'come out' and then blended with the original stereo drums but it did sound good, I was getting some flangy effect on it, which didn't sound very pleasant....

Try multing out the snare to a separate track. That should give you more control. In general the drums here are pretty dry, so they're quite easily multed.

Hey Mike,

Cool, I'll try that.
Thanks matey