Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First try - How is my compression?
Hello, stumbled across this song and really liked it. The vocals where really cool. Tried bringing everything together as much as possible as well as adding some punch to the drums. What do you guys think of the balance/overall compression of the mix?

.mp3    Better - Practice Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 3.29 MB)

Sounds very good. If there's any real problem, it's that I think you could have uploaded a higher quality file. I'm no golden ears but I think I can hear the encoding artefacts in the overall sound. Didn't find anything disturbing or 'wrong' with your compression. Hardly noticed any compression in the sense of 'this is compressed,' so if there's a lot o compression going on, you've done it right in my opinion. For me anyways compression is yet another tool to make the mix sound more 'expensive' and detailed, and some times even out too big level changes in lead parts. Simply make it sound better, just as you've done here. Great work.
(20-09-2016, 06:43 AM)kapu Wrote: Sounds very good. If there's any real problem...

I did a fair bit of compression on the song, but glad you don't think its over the top. I should re upload a better quality file. I didn't realize the website only accepted mp3's (duh!) so I did a quick audacity conversion which is definitely not the best.

Thanks for the reply!