Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Triviul feat. The Fiend: 'Widow' kapu mix
One of those genres I hardly ever listen to or work with.

.m4a    triviul_feat_the_fiend_-_widow-kapu-mix.m4a --  (Download: 8.73 MB)

Hi KapuSmile
I liked your work with back vocals, nice space and interesting mood. Well done!
It seemed to me that the Loop2 sounds separately from mix( maybe not enough bright or too dry)
(21-09-2016, 10:45 AM)Konek Wrote: Hi KapuSmile
I liked your work with back vocals, nice space and interesting mood. Well done!
It seemed to me that the Loop2 sounds separately from mix( maybe not enough bright or too dry)

Thanks. I used a short reverse plate reverb on that reversed sample vocal, and panned it the opposite, so basically it's playing back the right way on the opposite side at the same time. I know, pure excellence and genius is the term. Big Grin I drove that second loop through a kitchen room convolution reverb and made it fully wet and ambient, and it has that domestic violence and black eyes written all over it. It fits the lyrics as although the lady is begging him, we all just know he's a possessive psychotic street thug who's got to be beating her, and she is suffering from a severe Stockholm syndrome or something. Otherwise she wouldn't be wearing those oversized sun glasses during winter. Or that I made a bad call with the loop sound and should probably tweak it to something else.
Great conceptionSmile Then it makes sense to make loop more dramatic. But it's only my imaginationBig Grin In any case, good mix, especially if you've never done anything like this before.
(21-09-2016, 11:59 AM)Konek Wrote: Great conceptionSmile Then [...]

thanks! ^_^