Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Ride - Piece of me (mix / master)
Hey Sebastian, I think the second mix is an improvement on the first one in that the master bus isn't so crushed. If I were you, the biggest thing I would work on is the drums. For one, balance--the hi-hat is the loudest thing going on in some parts, and it should really be kick and snare in this case. I would work on getting your kick and snare louder, and work on their tones so that they better cut through the mix and sound full at the same time (hard to do, this takes lots of practice and learning what you want to hear). Getting good drum tones starts with good phase alignment between the different mics and samples. The drums sound so thin to me that I'm pretty sure the tracks are out of phase, unless you did some super drastic EQ that made them thin. With proper phase the body of the sound will come back, and the sound should be like 70-80% there with no effects. Then, it will be eaiser to add EQ and compression that enhance the sound.

One other note, the acoustic guitar seemed too loud to me.

Good luck, keep at it!
"There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind" - Duke Ellington

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dark Ride - Piece of me (mix / master) - by tylermays - 09-10-2016, 03:45 AM