Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember December:'C U Next Time' kapu mix
I too decided to join the battles of the loudness war! In the ranks of the mysterious Dark Lord Alge, naturally.

.m4a    remember_december-_c_u_next_time_kapu_mix.m4a --  (Download: 8.86 MB)

Auts, sounds great. Feels dense and thick like it should be. I like how the energy moves with those screaming guitars. Everything seems to be perfectly in balance. One volume knob adjustment seems to be enough to experience the whole song.

Loudness war? Haven't heard about it before, but it sure sounds fun and interesting challenge. I might open my old session files and see if I have learned any new tricks recently. Do we have some specific integrated loudness level as a target? 6 LUFS? Smile
(16-09-2016, 08:54 PM)Olli H Wrote: Auts, sounds great. ...

Thanks. I just swapped my mix into a softer 'master', trying to position myself at the neutral zone and avoid possible attacks from the purists. The first one was around -6 LUFS, and this new one is at around -10 dBFS RMS.

The notion of loudness war comes to mind particularly in this thread, as the overall levels seem to be much louder than any other thread. There is one mix here, that 'might' have something to do with this. Smile But while you're at it, you should go for at least -6 LUFS and brace yourself. ^_^