Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Louis Cressy Redux
(25-08-2017, 05:52 PM)The Wizzards Wrote: Sound good but for me it's a little bit small especially drums IMO this kind of track need to be fat and little bit powerful.

Which mix are you referring to? Oh and...Turn it up!
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(25-08-2017, 04:45 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:
(25-08-2017, 03:23 AM)tjmtruth Wrote:
(15-09-2016, 01:32 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: New approach and better results, I hope.

Take a listen, lend an ear and leave comments. All greatly appreciated.

---------------
Adam,

Great mix, man! I can hear everything perfectly clear and nice! The very first mix that I am responding to, in my opinion, is your BEST one out of all the ones you have uploaded for this song. Sometimes when we overthink things and go back into a mix too many times we lose some magic.....not always true but many times it is the case. Anyway, this mix is the best. I think the vocal is perfect, love the delay on the guitar in the break/fill section, the organ sounds great too (it got too loud in your final mix).

Side note but with a purpose: I am currently working with a great musician and composer who has played with some of the greatest Jazz musicians in the world, including Bob Mintzer, who has played on some of his songs (I have songs containing Bob Mintzer solos that nobody in the world has heard yet!!!!!!!....but I digress). My point is, that he is an extraordinary organist. He is VERY picky about how the organ sounds in his music. I have mixed his organ making it more consistent and present in a mix and he goes nuts! He is soooooooooooo particular on the volume. The organ, I have learned from him, in a dense song should be weaving in and out in a very natural fashion....it cannot be THERE all the time. His volume curves are unpredictable to me but if I don't follow them, as he played them, I'm in the dog house.

My point above is that in this song too, the organ presents itself as a backdrop at times, and at other times it gives you an ear-candy treat. THAT is the way the organ is supposed to be and I think YOU got that magic from the organ in this first mix.

Other thoughts: Mix balance is great....drums sound great....you got a great sound on the hats and cymbals (I've got to work on those in my mix)......just a great job. I'm digging this, your first mix a lot bro.

Later,

Tom

Wow. I'm blushing!
Sounds like your organist friend can be a handful. Thanks so much for the encouraging words.

----------------
Adam,

I can't thank you enough for your comments on my mix because I had to delete it.....I accidentally uploaded a mix missing one of the guitar tracks.....LOL. So, I spent lots more time with this one and posted my final mix. Hope you like it.

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Listening to your latest mix ,Sounds great inspired me to have another try !

Nice one

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts