Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quicksand-Ignore U Die....... Another Thesis
there's no audio to listen to....use your imagination from the idea outlined below, or have a go yourselves and see if it works for you.

i rough-mixed this multi about 3 times, each with a different vision, each time a disaster. by now, my head was beginning to hurt from banging the wall relentlessly, then i had a brain wave. better late than never.

the problem in the multi isn't the bright guitar, it's actually guitar 1. fix this and things will fall into place like clockwork. the trouble, as i saw it, was that it's too similar to the bass guitar and gets snarled up with it, not helped by the fact that they mirror one another. furthermore, because it's so far away in timbre to the bright stuff, it unbalances the mix significantly in the stereo domain and in a way that can't effectively be addressed (IMO). also, it's lack of transient and decay makes it simply mumble along without energy - a lifeless dog. the trick, is to dump the DI through a decent amp and change it's character completely - but it shouldn't be an amp that compresses heavily otherwise it will damage the song and lose it's transient 'n decay which we need, so best use some discretion eh? make it bright, make sure it has some energy in the attack, give it some decay as near as we can to the DI's, and Bob's your uncle....engagement. and it mixes like a charm. i suspect they used NI's Guitar Rig for the tone, but whatever, it's overly bothersome. you should also discover the bass guitar comes into the song much more willingly, so we win in all directions.

hope this helps future gold seekers. give me a thumbs up if it works for U Wink
Beware...........Cognitive Dissonance!