Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ayni Nehirde - Koskid Mix
Your comments will be highly appreciated!!!

.mp3    QUPE - AYNI NEHIRDE.mp3 --  (Download: 11.94 MB)

hi Koskid,

this is a difficult song to mix because of the inherent issues we were presented with, take the following points with this in mind Wink

understand that a compressor and a brickwall limiter is the equivalent of a loaded gun, capable of inflicting serious carnage in the wrong hands.

be aware the mix arrived in the Library with heavy downward compression, wrong EQ and automation you shouldn't necessarily agree with. by adding yet more dynamic reduction where there isn't much left already.....it isn't going to excite an audience.

try and mix this without touching a compressor and understand dynamics at the instrumental level (microdynamics), and regarding the music overall (macrodynamics). if you compare the revision with this first mix, you will see what i mean about excitement.

the attached illustrates the objective issues your mix presents, and directly regarding the subjective feelings it delivers. if you understand what each of these units is telling you, it will help you to deliver better mixes in future .....and importantly, it will help you to train your ears and develop critical listening skills with the help of your eyes. but you need to do a lot of background research....it's not God given, eh?

the intro is a problem fraught with EQ issues and sounds muddy and ill defined. try and get the instruments clearer and better separated for starters. if you can get the intro to sound clear and uncluttered, it will help you develop the rest of the song further in.

sometimes mixing isn't about deploying the toys, but about resisting using them in the first place Wink

think peace, not war (i'm referring to the gun analogy especially).

and have fun with it, it's a great song eh?

PS i note you haven't bothered giving anyone feedback; this isn't in the spirit of this forum. you will learn far more by evaluating other mixes and simply banging out your own stuff. cool?

Thumbnail(s)

Beware...........Cognitive Dissonance!