Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ayni Nehirde
Good song. It was not hard to mix it. Nothing special about mixing, only stock plugins were used.

.mp3    an 1 mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 12 MB)

Hello Obelix! I liked your mix, it has a good tonal balance.
It seems to me that the vocals in verses a little far away.
Thx, I can fix the vocals.
A darker sounding mix, but I like it. Seems to be a suitable tone that works well with the guitars at play. The Hammond holds it's ground nicely and is well featured. The piano could be perhaps featured a bit more and be elevated at times and given a bit more room. The backing vocals at 3:05 sound a little too quiet and could come up a bit also. Otherwise for me, a really nice mix and soundSmile

Dave
You are right about backing vocals, they could have come a little louder. So do you think that grand or rhodes piano should be featured more ?
(06-09-2016, 03:48 PM)Obelix Wrote: You are right about backing vocals, they could have come a little louder. So do you think that grand or rhodes piano should be featured more ?

Yes, It's the grand piano I'm thinking of. There are some fancy parts through out that I think you could bring forward with some automation where they are featured.

Version 2. Louder piano and backing vocals, also got rid of nasty resonance on snare drum
Brighter mix with more piano

.mp3    untitled.mp3qwer.mp3 --  (Download: 9.6 MB)

I know, this mix is too bright, let me try a darker one, but brighter than a first one. And to me main vocal when he sings bashka bir ... is too loud.
New version.

.mp3    ayni nehirde 4.mp3 --  (Download: 4.8 MB)