Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
First attempt, Burning Bridges.
Greetings from Sweden, my first post here and my first mix.
Hope you like it!

for most part, my thoughts brought me back to Helloween, Edguy and hammerfall. Band i liked as a kid, really fun to mix.

in hindsight i could have pushed the kick overall up 1-2 db for a more modern approach, but i like it this way, but as always the time to spend is very limited =(.

This mix is completely ITB. =) Rock on!

.mp3    Burning bridges Orpheus.mp3 --  (Download: 8.51 MB)

(05-09-2016, 01:36 PM)Orpheus Wrote: Greetings from Sweden, my first post here and my first mix.
Hope you like it!

for most part, my thoughts brought me back to Helloween, Edguy and hammerfall. Band i liked as a kid, really fun to mix.

in hindsight i could have pushed the kick overall up 1-2 db for a more modern approach, but i like it this way, but as always the time to spend is very limited =(.

This mix is completely ITB. =) Rock on!

This was very good! I think the old school/softer kick approach is cool. It only seemed to disappear just a bit on some of the fast 16th note sections. I dig what you did with the distorted vocal/yelling parts. Overall, when I listened through there was nothing that jumped out and distracted me from the song, so that means a mix done right Cool
Hi Orpheus!!

The mix is done well, nothing wrong with volume levels or clipping; but for my personal music taste i'll give some more room to the drums, they sound a little too dry Smile have a nice day!
Check out my bands: 

Umbriferous - https://umbriferous.bandcamp.com/releases

Storm Of Particles - https://stormofparticles.bandcamp.com/releases
Hey! Not a bad mix. I would say that you should try putting a low pass on some of the more high end instruments. The overall sound is a little shrill.
'The Choir is waaaayyyyyyy too loud. It's a guitar solo, not a Christmas choir solo. There is too much oomph in the 150-300 hz-region. And where is the kick in the doublebass parts?
This is so freakin crunchy and clean! I love this mix.