Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Triviul: 'Better?' kapu mix
It's a surround mix. I think html5 compatible browsers should be able to downmix it properly.

.m4a    triviul-__better___kapu_mix-surround.m4a --  (Download: 21.2 MB)

.m4a    triviul-__better___kapu_mix.m4a --  (Download: 8.37 MB)

Hello! Nice work. Distorted vocal in bridge sounds appropriate!
Unfortunately my speakers don't allow to hear all surround effectsDodgy
(04-09-2016, 09:51 AM)Konek Wrote: Hello! Nice work. Distorted vocal in bridge sounds appropriate!
Unfortunately my speakers don't allow to hear all surround effectsDodgy

Thanks! I think distortion works well with his voice. Your speakers propably would allow you to hear 5.1 sound, it's just that you need more speakers. ^_^
I guess, but i don't have itCool How about another one in stereo?
(04-09-2016, 11:44 AM)Konek Wrote: I guess, but i don't have itCool How about another one in stereo?

I tried to mix it as stereo compatible as possible. Only significant diffirence is that the verse drum loop kinda vanishes in the downmix, as I used a multichannel phaser on it to create some kind of swirly surround effect. And the downmixing also takes the master level 6 dBs down.
(04-09-2016, 11:44 AM)Konek Wrote: I guess, but i don't have itCool How about another one in stereo?

Had another go at this and did a new stereo mix from scratch.
Your drums sound good, sounds like you have built your mix around them. They have nice punch and detail.
(20-09-2016, 01:58 AM)AndresgPotdevin Wrote: Your drums sound good, sounds like you have built your mix around them. They have nice punch and detail.

Thanks. Initially I started building the new stereo mix around the lead vocal, so that the level of dry lead vocal would be consistent through the song. What I think happened here was that me being undisciplined my mindset shifted more and more towards the drums, and thinking now the beats could go down a dB or two. ^_^
Nice tones and good contrast between the verse and chorus. We had the same idea about distorting the bridge vocals! Smile

Good to hear a mix where breath sounds are dealt with.

The backing vocals' lyrics are a bit buried, and you made one of the synths sound like an ice cream van, which is a bit weird.

Shame I don't have a surround system to check your first mix out Sad
(29-09-2016, 04:21 AM)Judders Wrote: Nice tones and good contrast between the verse and chorus ...

Thanks for feedback. I tried to make the stereo version betterer. Kept the perverse icecream van tone. ^_^