Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Dice - Guro Dave mix
Hi, this is really kind of my first full mix. I studied audio about 20 years ago, but never got to do a whole lot of in depth hands on. Please don't hold back, I would appreciate any feedback. Also, thanks to Lead Inc for making their tracks available!

.mp3    The Dice Remix V2.mp3 --  (Download: 13.87 MB)

Hey Guro,
For the most part this sounds pretty solid. The mix is overall bass heavy which is robbing some clarity throughout. I guessing this could be from a monitoring issue. I also feel the snare is sounding a bit thin and could do with some extra body and weight. Well done so far.Smile

Dave
(14-08-2016, 01:18 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Hey Guro,
For the most part this sounds pretty solid. The mix is overall bass heavy which is robbing some clarity throughout. I guessing this could be from a monitoring issue. I also feel the snare is sounding a bit thin and could do with some extra body and weight. Well done so far.Smile

Dave

Thank you for the feedback. I'm glad I found this site, rather than paying for someone's courses with critiques etc. We can all help each other learn. Yes, I wondered if it was bass heavy. I am currently mixing on headphones, so I may have over compensated to hear it clearly. I had a different version with the bass compression keyed by the kick, but I thought this one sounded a bit better. I'm sure it was about as heavy in the bass either way. I will take a listen back to the snare and see what I can do differently.