Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lead Inc, The Inner Circle mix 4 (Different Limiter)
Like big Dave Pointed out this track is a little on the long side so my problem was trying to keep things going(hope i did it justice)all comments are welcomed.

.mp3    Lead Inc The Inner Circle, mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 12.42 MB)

Hi Cudjoe,
Pretty good mix ,translates well on grot box.
I know the vocals are quite challenging just sounding a little on the thin side ,maybe a touch more fuller in the mid bass frequencies, nice effects !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hey Cudjoe,

Nice balance and guitar tones. Listening with headphones the guitars are sounding a bit up the middle. You have a nice stereo space for the vocals and drums (drums sounding somewhat weighted to the left, but this may be intentional) but the guitars don't seem to fill out that same space. When you engage the chorusing effects, this helps immensely by creating the spread. It maybe just a case of panning them out wider.

There are a some articulated guitar parts through out the song that I feel are missing in action at the moment also, these parts could be pushed forward in the mix when they emerge with some automation. This will serve the purpose of some "ear candy" and excitement along the journey of the song.

Adding to Don's comments I think you can make this a really great mix. You have made a solid foundation with the tones and balance already in place. I hope these suggestions help and I will keep an ear out for your next revised bounce.

Dave
Thanks guys for your comments not sure which part of the guitars articulation needed automating so i did some more at various places,also thickened up the vocals slightly and could not resist adding a little more ambience on the drums.

.mp3    Lead Inc, The Inner Circle mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.3 MB)

(28-08-2016, 04:57 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Thanks guys for your comments not sure which part of the guitars articulation needed automating so i did some more at various places,also thickened up the vocals slightly and could not resist adding a little more ambience on the drums.

Sorry Cudjoe, I should have been more specific. Area's I was thinking was 30sec and 1.00 mark and also the nice build at around the 1:40 mark interlude with your RHS guitar. There are a couple of bass strums here that you could push forward also. I think it would be nice to hear these parts sparkle a bit more. After this things get pretty busy and I think you have it pretty much covered with your use of effects.

Cheers
Thanks Dave once again massive respect to you for your time,here is mix 3 and remember all reviews are welcomedSmile thank you.

.mp3    Lead Inc The Inner Circle, mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 12.4 MB)

Geezzz Cudjoe, what have you done? Big change from mix #2. Listening with cans the whole mix sounds much better.Big Grin You have somehow opened things up. Drums sound like they are placed in a nice room now and sound more dynamic. Because of this opened up sound the guitars sound bigger and cleaner and the bass is featured nicely. Sounds like a new mix.
I really like it. Big Grin
As for further suggestions, thats if your not done with the mix alreadyUndecided. The right hand guitar could come up 0.5 to 1 dB I reckon especially in the first section of the song. The drums are weighted strongly to the left. Maybe bringing them back to a centre position will help the mix balance, which sounds a little bit left side heavy. Mostly noticeable with headphones. If it was a stylistic decision for this offset please disregard the comments.

If you do continue playing around with the mix, please don't undo the overall sound you have achieved with mix 3. I like what you have doneSmile

I've only got one set of ears, so you might want to wait for some further feedback and thoughts from the family before diving in again.

Well Done

Dave

Thanks Dave i just could,nt understand why my drums ended up like that because while mixing there was no evidence of that, it was only when started to solo some of my mastering chain i realised one of them was the cause,problem solved Smile.

.mp3    Lead Inc The Inner Circle, mix 4.mp3 --  (Download: 12.4 MB)

(01-09-2016, 06:34 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Thanks Dave i just could,nt understand why my drums ended up like that because while mixing there was no evidence of that, it was only when started to solo some of my mastering chain i realised one of them was the cause,problem solved Smile.

Hi
Can I have the stems please from tracks you worked on?
Exactly the same mix but with a different limiter in "mastering" any comments?

.mp3    Lead Inc The Inner Circle, Different Limiter.mp3 --  (Download: 12.33 MB)