Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PrayForTheRainMix
Another amazing song with 80's influencesSmile

.mp3    PrayForTheRain1_01.mp3 --  (Download: 7.91 MB)

Hi Konek

Thanks for mixing the track - really solid ! There were a couple of magic moments for me in the verses and guitar solo sections that I thought really worked.

The drums sound great - are you a drummer by chance? Smile

I can offer you a couple of perceptions - firstly, the drums felt like they took the focus at times - my ear was drawn to the drums over the vocals. I really liked the drum level in the instrumental parts, so I had the thought that some automation of volume there could help - bring down the drums overall or when the vocals are present.

There were a couple moments where the vocals felt a bit dry or not in the same space as other elements in the song. Other times it felt beautiful - namely the middle section.

Great job overall - liked it !

Thomas
Hi Thomas! Glad to hear your comments!
I'm guitar playerBig Grin
I was so fascinated by the mood of the song that i forgot to pay sufficient attention to small details. There are lot of automation in vocal's track, but i could be more attentively with FX's channel. Perfection comes with experienceCool
Thanks again for advices!
Sergey
Lovely Mix Sergey ,
Love the guitars.
The drums sound nice and punchy , the kick and snare sound a little upfront as already mentioned.
Can hear some boxy frequencies in the drums especially the kick ,maybe scooping out some 400hz or (300-1k ) may help give some more room for the vocals .

Just some thoughts while listening.
well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thank you, Don!Smile Accurate and important tips, as usual!
Cheers!Smile
I like most of everything in this mix. I feel that the drums just need another layer of room on them to put them in the right space for this composition and the emotional context of it. Some pretty good guitar approaches as well as the synths. I would agree with the artist that sometimes the vocal loses its space.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]