Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Time - Mixed and mastered
For this great song I was a bit biased, for it was herd earlier on Mixbus Tv. Imagine the surprise when I opened the multitrack...
However, I did face a few challenges, for instance: Guitar layout and correlation with the vocals. The result is far from great, but instead I got a really messy track in style of Arctic Monkeys' "AM". At that point, in my opinion, it's down to sheer taste.
If I was to revisit mixing this, I would probably create some dynamic headroom for louder parts, automate guitars a bit more, adding movement, and just maybe, add some ADT on the vox. Also a quieter intro would be great, as the following toms would explode as the "footsteps of God".
Anyway, I hope it is fun to listen, as it was for me to mix, although, it only took a few hours.

.m4a    GoodTimeMaster.m4a --  (Download: 10.75 MB)

Sounds nice VicVega, I like it. Maybe a little heavy in the low mids, but then again maybe not.Huh Not a major problem anyway. Well Done Smile
Yes I would agree, but the fact of the matter is, it was mixed on headphones, so I did have a hard time hearing what is going on at all. Thank you for your feedback!
Interesting take.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]