Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Dice touchups from Patreon Podcast
So, based on Mike's fantastic critique of my mix of The Dice on the Patreon Podcast, and after moving to a different room to mix in, I have made touchups to my mix.

I got the plugin Sound Brigade that Mike talked about during the podcast, and damn if I don't love it!

Improvement?

Draper

.mp3    Patreon Touch Up Vox Down .mp3 --  (Download: 13.86 MB)

Hi Draper,

definitely a really high-quality mix! I really regret that we didn't keep an eye on steady snare dynamics while tracking drums back then.

You should check out our newest song The Inner Circle, it's online and at the very top of the start page right now Smile Way better material to work with in terms of rawer, cleaner tracks and better performance.

Cheers!
(09-08-2016, 10:19 PM)wurstdrummer Wrote: Hi Draper,

definitely a really high-quality mix! I really regret that we didn't keep an eye on steady snare dynamics while tracking drums back then.

You should check out our newest song The Inner Circle, it's online and at the very top of the start page right now Smile Way better material to work with in terms of rawer, cleaner tracks and better performance.

Cheers!

Thanks man! I downloaded the tracks last night, and I may have a chance to mix it tonight. If not, I'll definitely be getting to it as soon as I can!

Draper
Hey Draper,
The improvement is night and day solid mix ,I think it's a combination of changing rooms and especially Mikes detailed critique and advice in his excellent patreon podcast ,which will definitely use in the next version !
A touch depth with effects on the entire mix and more top end and reverb on the snare would sound Awesome.
Just some personal thoughts while listening.
Well Done.
Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts