Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow Down for Love
My attraction to this song was the specter of doing an old time R&B mix. I'm not sure if I succeeded but it was fun.

Because the piano and guitar had heavy effects printed with their tracks, these instruments defined the environment for me. My approach was pretty straight-forward. Some typical hi-pass filtering on vocals and a few other tracks to remove the haze, some expansion of ringing tom #2 and just a touch of EQ on toms and the guitar. Amazingly I EQ'd nothing else except in the mastering process for punch and clarity. There is a short beat delay on the lead vocal to add depth and character and some concert hall with a short reverb time on drums and bkg vocals. Reverb was also added with an in-line convolution reverb of a small hall on the master buss at a very low ratio for cohesion.

I'm sure I could have spent a lot more time on small details but this is where I am at now with this song and I hope you enjoy it.

3/30/2016
Another quick mix based on the previous with a change in panning to give a little more space to the guitar and piano. Re-EQ'ed the bass too.

.mp3    Jessica Childress - Slow Down.mp3 --  (Download: 7.11 MB)

.mp3    Jessica Childress - Slow Down 3-30-2016.mp3 --  (Download: 7.12 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Mix, Very nice balance and sounds. Everything is clear and present, punchy.
If you appreciate my feedback, please visit one of my mixes and give your thoughts.