Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jessica Childress - my "Slow down" mix with a lil surprise
One day I was browsing through all available multitracks for mixing and the moment I found this CATCHY tune I immediately got all the stems and got to work with my head banging to the rythm heh.

Pretty much some eq and compression on every stems.

With drums I decided to go with a little parallel comp. Also, I had some second thoughts about room mics, but finally I made up my mind and included them in a mix with HPF. As for tracks, I did not edit them.

Vocals - pretty strong comp on lead vocal to automate volume. Plus a pinch of a tape delay with reverb and echo.

At the very end I decided to throw a little NI's hammond on top of the whole song (but unfortunatelly im not a cory henry rocking a hammond)

Share some thoughts and advice on my mix guys!!! looking forward to hear from you!!!

.mp3    slow_down_master2.mp3 --  (Download: 4.42 MB)

Cool mix sounds good ,love your idea of the Hammond organ and quite well played.
Listening in mono on my Auratone sounds Great ,the Hammond sounds a touch full around 300-500hz by a couple of db also maybe rolling off some low frequencies somewhere around 100-200hz may sit in the mix a touch more subtle .
Listening on monitors in in stereo a would like to hear some more stereo ambience especially with the drums as the mix sounds mono except for some piano ,background vocals ,lead reverb and Hammond in side channels.
Just Some subjective thoughts while having a listen.
Well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hello there, thanks for feedback!
Yeah, it could be more stereo wide. A great idea would be to pan toms from left to right (e.g. flyrecords did that, his mix is in the other thread).

Greets!