Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NorthIsFalseMix
31-07-2016, 09:47 AM
NorthIsFalseMix
Hi guysSmile
I got a lot of enjoyment, working with this mix. I used some special Fx's on drums and rhodes and vocals.

.mp3   NorthIsFalse_01.mp3 --  (Download: 5.55 MB)

Quote this message in a reply
31-07-2016, 01:18 PM
RE: NorthIsFalseMix
Love the percussive sound you have created. Lovely ambience and effects throughout. I want to mix all these great songs you are posting, but I've got no hope keeping up. I work too slow.Sleepy

Dave
31-07-2016, 05:19 PM
So, after another divorce i have much more time on itBig GrinBig Grin:Big Grin
Thank you, Dave! This is a nice critiqueBlush
01-08-2016, 10:10 AM
Love your Creative ideas with the heavy beat and effects, I need to experiment more .

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

01-08-2016, 10:32 AM
Thank you, DonSmile
I decided that's very interesting way to get dramaturgy in my mixCool
Cheers!
13-09-2016, 04:47 PM
Don't know if it's on purpose. But I'm hearing a bit distortion in the mix, and it's bothering my ear a little. Smile

Beside that I only have two comments; In my opinion the second drum-part introduced about 2:25 could use a little softening of some sort, I feel it's a bit dominating, but that's just a matter of taste. And the end of the track is very sudden.

With that said, I enjoyed listening to your mix. It's always fun to hear what other people can do, and especially if I've tried mixing the track myself, as two independant mixes are rarely the same. Nice Smile
13-09-2016, 05:22 PM
Thank you for listening and advicesSmile
It was my attempt to revive or to warm keyb tracksBig Grin Maybe i overdid it with saturation. And when i listen delayed drums again, i find it pretty funny, but slightly dominating, you're right.
Maybe I should pay more attention not only to mixing but also the re-arrangement, but it's only with the author.
Cheers!
13-09-2016, 05:52 PM
(13-09-2016 05:22 PM)Konek Wrote:  Thank you for listening and advicesSmile
It was my attempt to revive or to warm keyb tracksBig Grin Maybe i overdid it with saturation. And when i listen delayed drums again, i find it pretty funny, but slightly dominating, you're right.
Maybe I should pay more attention not only to mixing but also the re-arrangement, but it's only with the author.
Cheers!

I see. Actually I often find myself turning off saturation, after fiddling around with it, because of the distortion (but maybe thats just my lack of experience with saturation plugins) Tongue

You're welcome Smile
I always find it funny to listen to my own mixes after comments, as I always hear something new thinking "how could i not hear that"! Big Grin
13-09-2016, 06:05 PM
Nice! I'd love to hear and comment on your next worksSmile
29-10-2016, 06:37 AM
(31-07-2016 09:47 AM)Konek Wrote:  Hi guysSmile
I got a lot of enjoyment, working with this mix. I used some special Fx's on drums and rhodes and vocals.

Well done in general. I like that you haven't pushed the voice too hard into the brittle direction like a lot of people do.

Alex
co-creater of speak softly
https://speaksoftly.bandcamp.com/
New song out next week.

Access my tutorial videos!
Advertisement: