Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waves
My version without any master processing. I suppose that the fact that I found nothing challenging, but rather relaxing about mixing this,means that it could have been much better. Still, not bad for 3 hours of work.
When I feel I've reached the end, and, in the word of Andrew Scheps "I'm not feeling it" , it was called done. Just a quick practice, bare in mind.

.mp3    Waves2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.46 MB)

pretty good rough mix - instruments are all nice sounding and well presented. Three main observations;

1. the mix dynamic takes a big step down after the intro - feels like an energetic let-down
2. choice of FX makes the vox sound low/sitting back in mix/different room from instruments
3. instruments slightly overwhelm vox in chorus

cheers, Simon
Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar
Thank you. In essence it could be said that levels and dynamics are mostly making this mix not really work, what even I see when listening after a while and thus gaining perspective.