Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Street Noise: 'I'd Rather Be Drinkin'' mix
Here is my mix of this song. Comments are welcome

.mp3    rather be drinking mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.88 MB)

Nice! I got to use my -20 dBFS calibration preset button on my monitoring controller. ^_^ Interesting panning, but the bass maybe a bit too loud?
Yes the mix is a bit on the soft side! The thing with the bass, is that it just sounds more heavy when I listen to on headphones, but just right on my monitors
Cool, sounds like a 60’s mix.

It would be nice to hear drums all mono and panned more right. And if you then balance it with eq to piano on the left, it might create stronger 60’s effect. I mean that with eq meter make drums’ frequency curve quite similar to piano’s.
I like the natural sound of your mix ,listening on headphones the bass is a touch upfront as mine is too .Thinking Just a touch more top end on the snare would sound nice and cut through a touch more.
Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Sounds like you went for a similar vibe to myself. I think if lighten up the bottom end a little overall as mentioned, it'll add some extra clarity to the mix, I think the piano will gain from this a lot. Really solid mix. Well done.

Dave
Thank you for all the comments! I'm working on some other stuff right now, but over the weekend I'll try easing up on the lower end and post the result here
I lowered the bass level and lowered some of the low end on the master. Better?

.mp3    rather be drinking mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.88 MB)

I think that bass is still to loud Wink Or maybe to midrange'y?
Maybe automate guitars in choruses, to create more impact Smile