Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abletones Big Band - Corine Corine (Daniel Horta MIX)
Hey guys, what you think about my mix!? This song is very organic and I tried to keep that in this mix... Smile

.mp3    Abletones Big Band - Corine Corine ( Mastered ).mp3 --  (Download: 6.32 MB)

I like the high end presence you added to the kick. I couldn't get that out of it like I wanted without going overboard so I just left it, like you said, organic. I also love the low end of the upright bass. What was your chain on that?
One critique I have on this one is that it seems like the right side is way hotter than the left as far as horns go. Sounds like the trombone trio track. If you could maybe bring the direct down on the right and find the room with that same instrument on the left and bring it up I think it'll balance it out.
Vocals have a bit of mud, maybe around the 150-200 hZ range. A few dB will make a difference there. I feel like it's fighting with the bass a little and it's easily fixable. This is preference, but I think the entire vocal is too hot also. Maybe just bringing the whole track down will fix the low end issue with minimal eq or without eq.
I'm by no means an expert, those are just the things I heard! Great mix overall.