Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'd Rather Be Drinkin Mixed by Dcp
This was a fun track, and it's good to see that Street Noise are still around and making music!

.mp3    I\'d Rather Be Drinkin Mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 4.95 MB)

Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
I love the depth and width and live sound you have created ,the vocal reverb gives a cool live vibe maybe a touch too much but that's a personal taste thing as suits your version.
The drums sound great and everything sounds glued together can hear some cymbals and hi hat hits jumping out here and there a touch.
Well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(27-07-2016, 09:16 AM)thedon Wrote: I love the depth and width and live sound you have created ,the vocal reverb gives a cool live vibe maybe a touch too much but that's a personal taste thing as suits your version.
The drums sound great and everything sounds glued together can hear some cymbals and hi hat hits jumping out here and there a touch.
Well Done Big Grin

Thanks Don! The glued sound of my mix come from using that new Drawmer plugin that came with the Scarlett and using TDR Nova being sidechained to the kick and bass. I was going for a 50's style slap delay on the vocals but ended up using alot of verb on everything so I'm just going to dial back the verb a touch and bring down the delay to make it more natural.

Cheers,
Dcp
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
Here's the revised version of my mix. Made some automation fixes, turned down the reverb on the vocal and added some punch to the kick and evened it out with some soft clipping.

.mp3    I\'d Rather Be Drinkin Mix 1.5.mp3 --  (Download: 4.95 MB)