Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'dRatherBeDrinkin'Mix
Hello!
Excellent root song! And great introSmile

.mp3    I\'dRatherBeDrinkin\'.mp3 --  (Download: 4.69 MB)

Thanks for the info and feedback! It's hard for me as a bass player to say, but I'd turn down the bass a bit. I doesn't sound bad, but at least during the ending it's starts to sound a bit overpowering. Anyways, I like the overall softness and panning of your sound. Nice!
Thanks, Kapu!
In headphones I can never choose the right level of bassHuh I'll try to fix it.
Cheers!
Love your use of the stereo field with the panned instruments, the mix especially the vocals and guitars sound a touch enhanced around the 1-2k area maybe it's my old ns 10's which have a bump in that area .
Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thank you, DonSmile
For some reason I remembered early AC/DC and decided to make a guitar angrier than necessaryBig Grin
Cheers))
I like your arrangement works well. Love the energy of guitar solo. Maybe bring the vox up just after it. Sounds a little under whelming when he starts singing again. I'm also hearing a little bit of honkyness in the vocal with headphones on, 800-1000hz I'm guessing. This could be what Don mentioned. Great sound overall.

Dave
Thank you, DaveSmile
It will be necessary to revise the mix.

Overall sound is good to me.

I’m not sure about panning decisions (listening with headphones). For example during the piano solo (full range left) there’s only cymbals balancing it on the right.

Vox sounds a bit too much like vocal booth to me if compared to other band.
Thank you for criticism!
It will be necessary to work on all this.