Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Street Noise: 'I'd Rather Be Drinkin'' kapu mix
If that's a electric keyboard piano, I'd really like to know the model.

.m4a    street_noise-__i_d_rather_be_drinkin__kapu_mix.m4a --  (Download: 8.7 MB)

Hello! It seems that this is real pianoCool
Good wide mix!
Nice Mix the piano sounds great Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Konek Wrote:Hello! It seems that this is real pianoCool
Good wide mix!

Thanks. It's a "shame" it's a real piano. I've been looking for a keyboard with a good piano sound. They just doesn't seem to exist. Smile

thedon Wrote:Nice Mix the piano sounds great

Thanks. A huge high shelf boost for the piano brought out those harmonics. ^_^
I'm guessing you might be familiar with that electric blues rock sound. For me it's a very genre correct mix. Love the crispness of the drums and the brightness of the whole mix. Looking at some live Street Noise photos I can see a Yamaha DX7 and SY99 being used. I don't know much about keyboards but it may be the source. Sounds like an electric piano to me.

Dave
Dangerous Wrote:I'm guessing you might be familiar with that electric blues rock sound. For me it's a very genre correct mix. Love the crispness of the drums and the brightness of the whole mix. Looking at some live Street Noise photos I can see a Yamaha DX7 and SY99 being used. I don't know much about keyboards but it may be the source. Sounds like an electric piano to me.

Dave

Thanks! Can't say I'm an expert, but I've had my share sound engineering the small local festivals, which have usually been filled with electric blues rock.

Nice if you liked the brightness. Propably the first time I managed to make a mix bright mostly with subtractive EQ only.

I think it's safe to say it's not DX7 at least, but indeed Yamaha makes the best sounding digital pianos, to my opinion. Smile
(26-07-2016, 11:28 AM)kapu Wrote: If that's a electric keyboard piano, I'd really like to know the model.

The keyboard was a Yamaha P-105 using the default sound. I'll post some more recording notes in a bit.
Love it.

I think all the instruments are just where they should be. Separations just perfect.
Nice sound. I personally don't like the piano in the solo being on the side, but that is just my opinion.
Mike Z Wrote:The keyboard was a Yamaha P-105 using the default sound. I'll post some more recording notes in a bit.

Olli H Wrote:Love it.

I think all the instruments are just where they should be. Separations just perfect.

therecordingguy Wrote:Nice sound. I personally don't like the piano in the solo being on the side, but that is just my opinion.

Thanks for the info and feedback. I tried to go for the static live stage type panning, thus leaving the piano solo on the side.