Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
HOWLIN REMIX - CHECK IT OUT!!
Nice one to mix.
First I didn't like the guitars that were occupying the same sound field as the vocal so I turned them down. I heard in other mixes there is crowd in some parts. My vision is opened but partly empty mix. It sort of gives space for vocal to fill out. Also I changed the end. Let me know what you think! Enjoy! Smile Smile Smile

.mp3    HOWLIN - MIX1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.31 MB)

Opinions? Smile
Hi! Overall it's a good mix. I liked vocals, left channel's guitar.
But in my opinion you lost keyboards in mix.
And in my headphones kick strongly masked the bass. Maybe sidechain will helpHuh
Hi, I think your mix is missing some movement, I mean when the chorus starts there is no difference, you can't hear energy and power, it's static because the elements that you hear in the chorus are the same of the verse. Don't be afraid to push up the elements in the chorus! It needs to breath and to be more powerful than the verses. Snare sounds good, kick drum is a little bit muffled, the rest of the drum beat is missing, I think you have to push up this rhythmic elements to add more rhythm and groove. In general everything sits in the back, I mean bass, gtrs, synt parts are too much "shy". You need to take this elements forward and as I said don't be afraid to push up things! fell free to ask me anything if you need any advice! I look forward to hearing a new version!!! have a nice day and enjoy your mixing!