Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jessica Childress: "Slow Down" Mix
Hi,

I'm just looking for some feedback on my mix. I've mixed home recordings in the past with my friends, but they were recorded in less than ideal conditions, so the mixing process was more "making the best of it" than "actually mixing." Resultantly, I think this is actually my first serious mix (i.e. based on a good set of recordings). I'm open to really any critiques, so just say what you're thinking.

.m4a    Slow Down practice mix_1_AAC.m4a --  (Download: 6.05 MB)

Overall good mix. For my taste too loud back vocal. And technically, did you clean up the tracks? This can give more control over the balance.
(19-07-2016, 10:17 PM)Konek Wrote: Overall good mix. For my taste too loud back vocal. And technically, did you clean up the tracks? This can give more control over the balance.

Thanks for the comment! Listening to it now, I agree about the backing vocals; I was thinking about adding a little more reverb or EQing them in a way that would sit them back in the mix more, but I didn't get around to it.

If by "clean up," you mean tuning vocals, correcting wrong notes/rhythms - in general, actually altering the performance, then no, I didn't clean the tracks up. I wondered about it, but I decided to leave the tracks as they were, seeing as it was more of a live performance.
I meant to remove unwanted sounds of the band from some tracks, for example, tracks of back vocals. But it seems i did it too hardBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin:
Ohhh okay I think I get what you mean. I didn't do any of that either; I figured it would be too difficult when there was so much bleed between mics