Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Lit Moon - iShouldBsleeping
I just got some new audio gear and wanted to test it out with a mix, so here it is. Mind you there were a lot of things I didn't take care of in this mix because I was more so trying to get the tone/dynamic right... I didn't go through each track and check for click/pops, I didn't really do much to the guitar, so you'll prob get annoyed at the pluck and slide (I don't mind it), I didn't automate the chorus or verse so the balance/transition between verse and chorus could be better, and a couple other things. Overall I'm happy with it for only spending a few hours on it. Let me know what you think.

.mp3    BLUE LIT MOON.mp3 --  (Download: 9.29 MB)

-MB Pro, Core i7, High Sierra
-Apollo Quad
-PT 12.8.3
-SSL X-Desk
-Neve 542, UBK Kush Electra, Pete's Place BAC 500 Compressors, DBX 165A, Eventide Omnipressor, SPL Transient Designer
-Amphion Two18
-Jim Williams Modded GFA-555
-Burl B2 Bomber ADC
-Crane Song Solaris DAC
-Sennheiser HD650
Really nice. Clean, simple sound, well balanced; a mix that compliments the song. I think it's a keeper. Well done.
(16-07-2016, 05:43 PM)jp65535 Wrote: Really nice. Clean, simple sound, well balanced; a mix that compliments the song. I think it's a keeper. Well done.

Thanks for the compliment. Usually I tend to overprocess but I seemed to stay away from that last night. Thanks again.
-Apollo Quad
-PT 12.8.3
-SSL X-Desk
-Neve 542, UBK Kush Electra, Pete's Place BAC 500 Compressors, DBX 165A, Eventide Omnipressor, SPL Transient Designer
-Amphion Two18
-Burl B2 Bomber ADC
-Crane Song Solaris DAC
-Sennheiser HD650
Hello!Smile
I liked air in your mix. There is natural sound and suitable mood.
But on the snare you may notice resonance at 392 Hz( it's G note).
It's not very gets in the key of the songHuh
Cheers!
(16-07-2016, 09:57 PM)Konek Wrote: Hello!Smile
I liked air in your mix. There is natural sound and suitable mood.
But on the snare you may notice resonance at 392 Hz( it's G note).
It's not very gets in the key of the songHuh
Cheers!

I did initially notice a resonance in the snare I didn't like, and I attempted to fix it, but after 5 minutes or so I just settled for what I had done. Good ear!
-Apollo Quad
-PT 12.8.3
-SSL X-Desk
-Amphion Two18
-Burl B2 Bomber ADC
-Crane Song Solaris DAC
-Sennheiser HD650