Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Dice 2 Hour Mix
My newest 2 hour mix and honestly i feel like my best 2 hour mix. If you would like to see how i have progressed by doing my mixes in a 2 hour format definitely feel free to check out and comment on the rest of my threads.

.mp3    The Dice Final Mix 7-06-16.mp3 --  (Download: 13.8 MB)

Nice work for two hours! I think there is an opportunity to get a little more motion between sections of the song as a whole. I like the kick sound, but something is up with it to my ear. Maybe just a bit too loud. The basketball sound isn't a bad thing, I think it may need to be blended just a touch more though. It does have a really good separation from the bass.

Maybe some more work with some spacial effects (ie verb and delay) would benefit your mix a bit.

Just a challenge, try a one hour mix!

And have you ever been really stupid and tried a 15 minute mix? It can be fun, and you can get a surprising amount accomplished in 15 minutes if you put your mind to it!

Cheers!
Draper
Yes! I think to be honest what could be improved on this mix is not tonal but a lot of automation and sfx. I think having the guitars come down some when the vox comes in would add some texture as well as the reverbs and delays. I did keep it pretty....lol actually 100% dry just because when do the 2 hour mixes i try to focus more on getting my tone and balance right. I started this about a month or 2 ago and have seen my mixes get increasingly better. I do still have some issues with getting the kick right but in time i feel i will get that down. I have tried the one hour mix before and i like how it makes you make quick decisions on the important aspects of the mix. The 15 minute mix i havent tried and i may i may not lol i usually spend that amount of time just on the rough balance so that would definitely be a challenge lol. Thank you for posting!
really nice one! kick sounds great but very loud, too. i would try to lower the volume, maybe its just whats needed. and it indeed sounds like a basketball, haha sorry but never heard or red it in that context - and now i always have that basketball in my mind when i hear the kick Smile) Sad

how often did you mix this track in 2h? Smile or was it first time hearing, lets go, mixing! very often when i come to a new conclusion and want to fix something in the mix, i start a fresh mix and tryto adapt the good decisions from the last version and avoid the bad ones. so after 10 times i'm quite quick in panning, cutting, muting, plugining Big Grin and so on